Jake certainly has built up a reputation for himself on Valentine's Day. I consider V-day to be similar to our anniversary, since that's our first kiss--restaurant and a movie--bring me flowers anniversary.
Every year (if nature allows) Jake secretly picks me some nun orchids. Nun orchids are hard to find, except at this time of year and except from Kahana.
You'd think I'd catch on by now, when he was doing this.
This year he had Amaya, which is why I didn't expect it, and neither did she. I guess the whole time they were tromping around in the bushes she was pleading, "I wanna go home, Daddy. I wanna go home."
He also drew me a very flattering (if I may say so) picture, and even Amaya identified it correctly. So if I ever lose 10 more pounds my family will most certainly still recognize me.
I thought I should point out what I did for Jake this Valentine's Day, because he is not the only romantic one in the family.
1. I stayed in the bedroom and left Amaya and he alone in the early morning so they could spend some quality time together.
2. I blogged about my students and edited pictures so he could plan and get ready for a barbecue at Kahana.
3. I made some french toast for myself and allowed him to have a couple of pieces.
4. I surfed at Kahana so he could make hamburgers and keep Amaya warm as it was extremely windy.
5. I allowed him to take me to a movie I wanted to see, and then run and get the car to pick me up so we would not be late for our dinner reservation.
6. I bought myself a dress just for the occasion, and we all know a good look at me is romance at its finest.
7. I graciously let him eat half of his own dessert and a few bites of mine.
8. I let him drive, so he would feel like a man.
9. I gave him an ipod shuffle so he wouldn't have to use mine anymore.
Isn't Jake such a lucky guy?